Saturday, January 24, 2009

My website

I was trying to find an inexpensive way of getting our website made, I wanted to leave the website building for the experts and focus on the future shirt designs for us. I put an ad in for a barter in craigslist hoping to find another means to getting what we needed for our website, done. Well guess what we got a response, they wanted some company polo shirts done and were willing to build us a professional site. They immediately went to work on it and started sending us copies of our template. I had my part of the barter completed within a week, they had to make some adjustments and eventually had to slow so they could wait for my photos of the shirts, so they could post them on our template. We finally met and had a meeting to discuss our final plans for the weeks ahead. I wont give details of the meeting place or the description of the meeting participants but lets just say it wasnt as professional as we had expected. Now I havent forgotten my roots and where I've come from so I wanted to give these two a chance, they claimed to be up and coming but with 10 years established background. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ignored certain things because we would want the same opportunity to prove ourselves. Well they turned out to lag in communication, our product wasnt finished and needed more changes which they claimed to fix or were intending on fixing but hadnt yet. Then right before our scheduled debut, I receive an email from them stating that he cannot work on our website because he needs to leave for a family emergency. I was pissed because we all had been working towards a specific date and here now its all stopped. I get ahold of my graphic designer and we decide to just finish within a reasonable time because we had lost the estimated time frame. what could I do I was already committed and thinking this was almost done and maybe he had a serious family emergency, so we prepared for a new date of completion. Well keep reading cause it gets better. Soon after I get in contact with the person building my website, he tells me that him and his partner, A.K.A his wife, are no longer on speaking terms and are seperated, and the topper is that she has the laptop with my unfinished template.... He then tells me he will try and retrieve it so that he can complete it. The next day he emails me a totally different, crappy looking template that he is claiming is mine. Oh hell no I wasnt born yesterday, I tell him that he needs to get my original template back and complete what I have asked. A couple of days later he informs me that he has it and is working on it. I stay in contact with him for about another week and a half. I email, I call and then email some more but nothing. The guy is gone. I finally search through my email history and find a different website for his wife and email her. She responds two days later and drops the bomb on me, she tells me he is incarcerated and that she cannot come in contact with him because of legal issues. She said she would try to get permission to access his laptop so I could get my template back. Since that conversation I havent heard a word from anyone. Our company officially hit a brick wall..........

No comments:

Post a Comment